What ended up happening was it sorta just turned into a testimony meeting with a practice teaching at the end, but it filled up 2 hours, and I think it was pretty edifying, so I think we can chalk that one up as a success.
After that we took some little kids and . . . . PROSELYTED!! It was great, because they really didn't want to talk to anyone, which, fair enough, I wouldn't have wanted to either at that age. We did get one of them to talk to this guy who was chillin' in his hammock. It started out pretty well when this teenage boy looked at anything and everything besides the guy he was talking to while he was talking to him. He tried to bring up the Book of Mormon and talk about that, but the hammock guy cut him off and was just like, "I'm really drunk, go talk to the people next door," which is what we did.
I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure how great of an idea it was to have a bunch of teenagers with their church leader and a couple missionaries go around and try and talk to people with no prior knowledge of us or what we're about or anything, but we sure did it, and even if these little kids really did not want to talk to anybody, they did, and by far the quickest way to learn how to swim is by jumping in the deep end. It's also the quickest way to drown though, but these little guys hit that doggy paddle like champs, and I'm proud of them.
Love,
Elder Menzie
Tagalog, Freaky Style:
Duyan -- Hammock
Pictures, but Funky:
| The other missionaries and I at Youth Con |
| Our little band of future missionaries |
| "filipino pizza" except for it's just sweet sticky rice with some sugar on top, and it's REALLY good |