It was great though.
Like it says in the subject line, the lost star herself got baptized this week, and it was fantastic. It was extremely hot on Saturday when we had the Baptism, and I don't think I've had a single baptism where I haven't been running around like a chicken with my head cut off right up until the actual service starts. Our 2 speakers were late, which was okay I guess because everyone is always late, but they were more late.
Anyway, the baptism eventually started, and everything pretty much went off without a hitch. We got to the actual baptism, and Eliza and I got into the font. I said her name, and when I said "having been commissioned of Jesus Christ," I just kinda knew that The Son himself had "commissioned" this specific baptism. Eliza was always meant to be baptized, and this was the fulfillment of something much older than either of us. I baptized her, and not to brag or anything, but I didn't even dunk her too hard. If Elder Adam's baptism of Adoracion Macarubbo a few months ago was a martial art lost to the ages, I think this one was a sort of tai chi mastery that not many have witnessed before. not to brag though.
Eliza shared her testimony after the baptism, and it was dang powerful. She used to be a youth leader for a local Catholic Church, but she just kinda had a feeling like there was something missing. She had people that were relying on her leadership, and leaving that behind made some people mad at her. She prayed really hard to God to see if this was really the right choice for her to make, if she was really supposed to leave her little youth group for this new faith. Just like God has promised to all of us, she testified that she got an answer. She got her answer, and that testimony made it so that no matter what bad things were said about her by the people she left behind, she knew that this was God's plan for her, and this was actually what he wanted her to do. Eliza is great.
Love,
Elder Menzie
Tagalog for the road:
basta yon -- that's enough
Pictures of the week:
Pictures 1+2: baptismal pictures
| strawberry and shrimp jam |
| a BAG of Pringles |