So, I guess the reports that coronavirus is in northern Luzon was a hoax, which means I don't have to wear a facemask, but I'm not gonna ditch my little spray bottle of alcohol, I shake to many hands in a day, and hi-five way to many little kids to ditch my scented rubbing alcohol.
This week was a TRAVEL WEEK! And by that, I mean we weren't in our area for a decent chunk of this week, but that's okay, because Elder Pamps and I travel in style:
We went into cauayan this week for splits and meetings. Splits were pretty fun. I was with Elder Burleson, who was actually in the MTC with me. He's great. While we were teaching, we met someone named Rebika, to whom I said, that's basically my Mom's name, let's take a picture.
They're pretty great. The next day, we had meetings, and I saw Elder Pino (my Son) and Elder Debry (who is a sweetheart).
The meetings were great, but it was really nice to get back to Santiago on Thursday night. I don't know if I've just been here too long, but I just felt antsy in Cauayan.
Earlier today I had a spiritual experience. Here is a picture of that experience:
That's right folks, we had a nice good 'ole fashioned game of ultimate. I'm gonna be honest, when I say a spiritual experience, I might be referring to the spirit of contention, because things got kinda heated. I'm just kidding, but we did take this disc throwing very seriously. I scraped my knee, and tried to whip these novices into shape. My current name for the group is the Santiago Spinners, but I'm very open to suggestions.
We had a baptism this week! Wenalyn (the girl standing next to me in the picture below) got baptized this week.
We've been teaching her family for a while now, but Wenalyn just had such a strong desire to get baptized that she ended up getting baptized before the rest of them. They're really humble and really want to follow Christ. It was super cool when Wenalyn gave her testimony, because she was up there for like 15 minutes! I was happy for her, but if I'm being honest I was more confused, because she's pretty darn shy, so I asked her about it after, and she was like, "Sorry Elder!" and I was like, "Don't worry about it, it was good" and she was like, "I just got a REALLY good feeling while I was talking up there, and I didn't want it to go away"
I'm grateful that I get to be here and facilitate people having spiritual experiences, in some small way.
Love,
Elder Menzie
Tagalog with a Smile:
siemps! -- of course! (abbreviated from siempre)
