09 September 2019

Week 62: Fastest draw in Nueva Vizcaya

Howdy folks. It's been quite a week this week. We had to travel to Cauayan again this week for a meeting which was pretty dang cool, mostly because I got to see Elder Pino again, who, for those who aren't up to date with my companions, was my companion up in Tuguegarao. He's a sweetie and it was super good to see him again. Here's a picture:


There are more people than just him in the picture, but he's really the most important, cuz he's the most filipino, also he's the best boy out of the bunch.

That meeting was actually a really crazy time. It sorta marked the end of the transitory era in this mission, as in the transition of mission presidents. Obviously President Craig has been in complete control of the mission since he got here, but there were a lot of rule changes and it really seems like we're beginning to see how different a President Craig Philippines Cauayan Mission is from a President Hiatt one. It's really interesting to see how different two mission presidents can be without compromising what missionary work is. I don't know if that makes sense, but bottom line is I've been pretty darn blessed to have two great mission presidents, and I mean blessED, like how they pronounce it in the Bible. BlessED.

Here's another picture with two Elders from the MTC that I saw in Cauayan:

They're good elders.

If you're wondering who that handsome lone gunslinger casting that shadow is, you might be surprised to know that the shadow in question is mine. That's right, President Craig explained which kind of hats are appropriate for missionaries, and he specifically said that "Indiana Jones hats" were allowed. It looks much better in shadow form than in person, so it's probably going to live in my room, but I like this picture a whole lot.

Love,
Elder Menzie

Tagalog in a hot spot:Kulang  --  Inadequate