Wednesday was great this week because we had to travel all the way to Cauayan for meetings over there. For those of you who are uninitiated with travel from the eastern barangays of Tuguegereao to Cauayan, it's pretty far. It's a bit over a 3 hour bus ride, which meant we woke up at 5:00 AM, and then got back to the area almost exactly 12 hours later.
It's great and now I'm gonna tell y'all about a blessing, cuz I know nobody likes a complainer, which I most certainly am not.
We've been teaching Eliza a lot this week, trying to get her ready for baptism. after one of our lessons, we looked up at the sky and saw a really cool moonrise, which is not something you see everyday. It went from completely behind some mountains to above them in about 2 minutes, and it was super cool. While we were watching this, Eliza made the comment to our fellowshipper we had there that before we started teaching her she felt like a "Lost Star". She said that she was getting caught up in all the mistakes she was making and all the things she should've been doing but wasn't. She said that the message we shared with her made her feel God's love for her, and helped her remember that there's a way to be forgiven and become better. I'm still not entirely sure how a star can be lost, but I liked the sentiment, and I love that I've been able to help her feel found.
Tagalog - The Hard Way:
tsamba-tsamba -- sheer luck, by chance, fluke
Love,
Elder Menzie
[several] Pictures
| MTC friends at Zone Con (with space for the spirit) |
| Elder Afoa and I in the back of a bus on the way home from Zone Con |
| Elder Pino and I at dinner at he Bishop's house |
| Me taming another Carabao |