25 November 2019

Week 72: There (in Cabarroguis) and Back Again (to Santiago)

This week was pretty hectic. We went on splits with the Elders in Cabarrougis again on Tuesday, because they needed to have some baptismal interviews done, so we made that trip again, and I hope you'll all be proud to know that I did not misplace my camera case even once. it was great. We got fed dinner by a really nice family. Here is a picture of that:


That girl in pink in the background is a return missionary from the Philippines, Davao mission, which is cool, because her mission president is from my 2nd area, back in Tuguegarao, and his brother was in the bishopric and our landlord. Small world.

We also went on splits with Elders Hansen and Moser in Cordon (which is a LOT closer than Cabarroguis) because we had a baptismal interview that needed to get done, and it was super fun, because it was Elder Hansen's 20th birthday!!🎉🎉🎉 Happy birthday, Elder Hansen. We also got fed by some really nice members in Cordon for his birthday. There was cake and it was yummy.


After lunch Elder Hansen interviewed Barrientos family!


The Philippines is full of some of the most humble and kind people on the planet, but if I'm being honest, I think the Barrientos family just might take the cake (not Elder Hansen's birthday cake, I ate that). The first time we even talked to them, we hadn't even taught them and they gave us a bag FULL of bananas, almost too many bananas for 2 elders (which is a lot of bananas). They sell bananas and pineapples on the side of the highway so for the past month, we've had a lot of fresh fruit around the apartment, so you don't have to worry Mom. They're super great, and they're getting baptized this Saturday, which I am super excited for.

Love,
Elder Menzie

Tagalog NXS:
Masyong maraming saging -- An excessive amount of bananas