One of the good things that happened this week is we got to have dinner at the Perallta family. They're members here in Bambang, and they are VERY nice. They are also VERY good cooks. there was fried fish, chicken and chickpea in this good sauce, and this this thin, fillipino soup-type stuff called sinigang, which, if I'm being honest, is usually just okay, but their sinigang was really darn good. Also, I took a picture using the timer function on my camera, and before I clicked the button, I didn't even check the framing, but it turned out pretty good.
It's called Kasibu and it is VERY pretty. We found a lot of new people there, and I think something really cool could happen there if it was given the proper focus.
Also we had a baptism this week! I sent a picture of Sister Divina last week, and she got baptized this week! it was awesome.
It's been so cool to teach Sister Divina. We were just walking down the street like 5 weeks ago and we didn't have anyone to go teach, and we saw her house, and said "A nice person probably lives there" and we were right. Sister Divina is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met in the Philippines. She came to church as soon as we invited her, kept all commitments, and just made it easy to baptize her. It was awesome. When she passed her baptismal interview, she shouted "TAPOS NA? YEAHHHHHHHH!" Which means, "It's done? Yeahhhhhhhh!" It was super funny. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to teach her. I love not having to worry about people. I feel so sure in Divina's conversion that I don't have to worry about her, because I know that she knows in whom to trust. And that's the foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Love,
Elder Menzie
Tagalog With a Smack of Ham:
Kwan -- what you say when you forgot a word