The next day, I picked up Elder Pino in the afternoon, and we made the long trip back to Tuguegarao, which was made a little bit longer by the fact that I stopped the bus late, so we had to walk a little distance to get to the apartment. with his bags. Also it wasn't actually a little distance.
It's okay though, because Elder Pino's a trooper. I love this guy. He's my first Filipino companion if you don't count the one I had for three days, but I still remember Elder Guancia.
This Saturday, we had 2 baptisms, for John Paul and Francis. They're great. The baptism was great, but if I'm being honest, I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get ready for it. I swear, trying to get things done (like printing baptismal programs) even in the city, is like pulling teeth with 2 spoons.The baptisms went great though. John Paul and Francis both shared great testimonies, and it really made me think about how faith turns our bad experiences into testimony builders.
Love,
Elder Menzie
Dude, Where's My Tagalog (it's gone, this is cebuano baybee)
Isog -- Brave
| Elder Adams, John Paul and I |
| Elder Adams, Francis and I |
| Elder Pino, Elder Santillian and I |
| At the baptism |